Friday, December 9, 2011

Invisible God

I give you praise, O Great Invisible God, 
for the moon in the space of a dark night, 
for the smile on a face in the sunlight.


I give you praise, O Great Invisible God, 
for the sound of the storm on the window, 
for the morning adorned with a new snow, 
for the tears on the face of the old man 
made clean by the grace of the good Lamb.


And oh, I long to see your face, Invisible, Invisible God. 
All the works that you have made are clearly seen and plain as day, 
so mighty and tender. O Lord, let me remember 
that I see you everywhere, Invisible God, 
in the seed that descends to the old earth 
and arises again with a new birth; 
in the sinner who sinks in the river 
and emerges again, delivered.


And oh, I long to see your face, Invisible, Invisible God. 
All the works that you have made are clearly seen and plain as day, 
so mighty and tender. O Lord, let me remember, 
your power eternal, your nature divine. 
All creation tells the tale that Love is real and so alive. 
I feel you, I hear you, Great God Unseen I see you 
in the long, cold death that the winter brings 
and the sweet resurrection spring.


                                      - Andrew Peterson, "Invisible God" (Resurrection Letters, Vol II)

                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oatrRweA4L8


                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyxl4Ic2Mk