Saturday, June 4, 2011

For My Wife

Out of nowhere, I just had a great chuckle at my wife, and she at herself, and she at me. She was reading a letter out loud to herself, of all things.

It was one of those little moments in a marriage that is, in itself, insignificant. And yet it was a moment of joy. A moment we alone shared, and no one else.

Till I wrote this, that is.

But, see, the moment converged with a song I was listening to as I'm working on my message for tomorrow, "I am James." That's the message, not the song. The song is "Dancing in the Mindfields," from Andrew Peterson. And it's got absolutely nothing to do with introducing the book of James with a dramatic monologue, yet this song says it all.

Watch this video and judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtTa81LyuQM